Terms of Service
WelcomeThe Service is offered in several plan-levels:
Accounts and Logins
- You must be 16 years old or older to use the Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts or logins created by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information marked as required in order to create an account or login. You represent and warrant that all information you supply to us about yourself and others, including email addresses, is true, valid and accurate, and that you have the right to supply us with such information.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Roadmap is not liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are fully responsible for all content/data/information (”Content”) posted to the Service under your login, and for all activity that occurs under your login.
- An account (and all of its logins) can be terminated by Roadmap for Terms of Service violations incurred by any one of the account’s logins. one Free account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Trials, Payments, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading
- If you do not upgrade to a paying account within 30-days, your trial account will expire. Upon expiration, all users will continue to have access but will be limited to read-only permissions. The account owner will also be limited to read-only permissions but with the proviso of being able to access Account | Roadmap Plan in order to upgrade to a paid account plan.
- Two (2) weeks after a trial account has expired, the account and all the Content will be deleted from the Service.
- An upgrade to a paying plan during the 30-day trial period will end your trial. You will be billed for your first month immediately upon upgrading.
- Following an upgrade to a paying plan, the service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. Upgrading to a prepaid annual or equivalent plan is also non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- Failure to update your credit card payment information may result in account termination.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties that may be imposed on persons or legal entities outside of the USA; and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, you will be re-directed to Amazon Payments to verify your information and your new rate. You will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your plan may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your account. Roadmap does not accept any liability for such loss.
- Roadmap reserves the right to terminate without notice expired trial accounts with no activity for 30 days.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the Roadmap site (when logged in). The Account screen provides a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged for payment again.
- Upon cancellation, all of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. This information cannot be recovered once an account is canceled.
- Roadmap, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, for any reason at any time without advance notice or liability.
- Suspension or termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account. Upon such suspension or termination, you must immediately discontinue use of the Service. Accessing the Service after such suspension or termination shall constitute an act of trespass.
- When an account is terminated, all Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. This information cannot be recovered once an account is terminated.
- Suspended accounts will not be charged for payment during the time that they are suspended. Terminated accounts will not be charged for payment.
- Roadmap reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Copyright, Trademark and Content Ownership
- Roadmap does not pre-screen user Content, but Roadmap has the right in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any user Content.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright © 2010 - 2012 PPMLite, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from PPMLite, LLC.
- Roadmap grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license (the “Limited License”) to access and make use of this Service and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it.
- This license does not include any resale of the Service; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the Service or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- The Service may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Roadmap. You may not copy the Software or the Documentation; reverse compile or reverse assemble any portion of the Software; distribute, disclose, market, rent, lease, share, or transfer to any third party any portion of the Software or the Documentation, or use the Software or Documentation in any rental, sharing, reseller, or service bureau arrangement, facility management operation, or third party training; or publish the results of Software performance benchmarks to any third party without Roadmap’s prior written consent, which consent shall not unreasonably be withheld, conditioned, or delayed.
- You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Roadmap and our affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Roadmap’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Roadmap. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Roadmap.
- Roadmap shall retain title to all portions of the Service and the Documentation, including any notes, prototypes, beta-versions, and code. In the event that Roadmap makes custom modifications to the Service at your request, the resulting software will be entirely owned by Roadmap. You hereby agree to release all rights on any custom modifications made by Roadmap, and acknowledge that Roadmap may later make any and all such modifications available to its other customers at any time.
- Any discoveries, inventions, improvements, concepts, ideas, and data processing techniques developed by Roadmap in connection with this Agreement shall remain the exclusive property of Roadmap.
- You acknowledge that any breach of your obligations under Paragraphs 5 to 8 may cause Roadmap irreparable harm, and that Roadmap may not have an adequate remedy in monetary damages. Accordingly, upon a breach of any of your obligations under Paragraphs 5 to 8 Roadmap shall be entitled to an injunction against such breach, in addition to Roadmap’s other remedies at law or in equity.
- Paragraphs 5 to 8 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Patent and Copyright IndemnityRoadmap shall indemnify, defend, and hold you harmless against any claim that the Service infringes any patent, copyright, or trademark, or violates the trade secrets or other proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, provided that Roadmap is given reasonable written notice of such claim and sufficient information, reasonable non-monetary assistance and sole authority to defend or settle such claim; provided, however: (a) you shall not be obligated to make any payment; (b) you shall not be obligated to assume any additional obligation other than provided by this agreement; (c) and no such settlement shall require you to violate applicable governmental regulations. In the defense or settlement of the claim, Roadmap shall, in its reasonable judgment and at its option and expense: (i) obtain for you the right to continue using the Service pursuant to the terms of this Agreement; (ii) replace or modify the Service so that it becomes non-infringing while giving equivalent performance; or (iii) if Roadmap cannot reasonably obtain the remedies in (i) or (ii), as its sole obligation, close the Service and upon closure refund only those fees paid by you during the current year of service (expressly excluding those fees paid by you to Roadmap during any prior year of service). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Roadmap shall have no liability to indemnify or defend you to the extent that the alleged infringement is based on: (a) a modification of the Service by you or your agents in breach of this Agreement; or (b) use of the Service other than in accordance with the Documentation or the terms set forth in this Agreement.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- Roadmap’s livelihood and core values are based on providing high-quality, eminently useful software. However, your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with no warranty. You are free to cancel your account at any time (see section Cancellation and Termination).
- Roadmap expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the Service will be free from errors, that communications to or from the Service will be secure and not intercepted, that the services and other capabilities offered from the Site will be uninterrupted, or that its Content will be accurate, complete, or timely.
- Roadmap does not make any representations or warranties regarding any third party software or hardware, even if Roadmap recommends such product for use in connection with the Service.
- The fact that Roadmap may offer or include any product or service on the Site is not an endorsement or a recommendation of the product or service.
- Technical support as a material service is provided only for active trial and paid accounts, and is only available via the available Help & Support tab located on every page of the application.
- You understand that Roadmap uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or create/modify another web site so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Roadmap or that Roadmap is endorsing your products or services.
- You must not use the Service to make any false, fraudulent or speculative reservation, or any reservation in anticipation of demand.
- You must not use or access the Service in any way that, in our reasonable judgment, adversely affects the load, performance or function of the Service.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Roadmap) of other Service customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- You must not disguise the origin of the information transmitted through the Service.
- You must not upload or transmit to the Service or use any device, software or routine that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere or attempt to interfere with, intercept, the normal operation of our Service.
- You must not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law; or for any other purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Roadmap customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Although we exercise reasonable efforts to ensure their quality and accuracy, there might be errors, or the information provided may not be complete, current, or applicable to your particular situation. We cannot promise that access to the Service will be uninterrupted or available at all times, and the Service is subject to necessary scheduled downtime for maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, and system outages Roadmap does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Roadmap shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of: profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if Roadmap has been advised of the possibility of such damages), whether based in Contract, Tort, Negligence, Strict Liability or otherwise, resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) the performance or non-performance of the Service; (iv) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (v) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (vi) any damage or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record.
- The failure of Roadmap to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Roadmap and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Roadmap (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- If, despite the limitation above, Roadmap is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the occurrences described in the limitation above, then Roadmap’s liability will in no event exceed, in total, the sum of one year’s fees for the Service’s highest-level plan. Some states in the USA do not allow the limitation of liability, such that under this exception, this Paragraph may not apply to you.
- No action, regardless of form, arising out of this Agreement may be brought by either party more than ONE (1) year after the cause of such action arose and was known, or reasonably should have been known, by the party bringing such action.
IndemnificationYou agree to defend and indemnify Roadmap, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, in excess of the liability described above, in any action filed or commenced by any third party against Roadmap as a result of (i) your breach of these Terms or the documents made part of these Terms by reference, (ii) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or (iii) Roadmap or any consultant or other representative or agent of Roadmap modifying the Service by your request and on your behalf in any way.
DisputesThe laws of the State of Maryland (USA), without regard to its conflict of law rules, will govern these Terms. If you take any legal action relating to your use of our Service or these Terms, you agree to file such action only in the state and federal courts located in Maryland (USA). In any such action or any action we may initiate, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover all legal expenses incurred in connection with the action, including but not limited to costs, both taxable and non-taxable, and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
EnforceabilityYour acceptance of these Terms, and your use of the Service does not create a joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship with us. You may not assign, delegate, or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms. If we fail to act with respect to your breach or anyone else’s breach on any occasion, we are not waiving our right to act with respect to future or similar breaches. If a court finds any of these Terms to be unenforceable or invalid, that Term will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and the other Terms will remain valid and enforceable. The headings in these Terms are for your convenience and reference; they do not limit or affect these Terms. These Terms, together with those items made a part of these terms by reference, make up the entire agreement between us relating to your use of our Service, and replaces any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding your use of our Service.
Changes to the Service/Fees/Terms
- Roadmap may at any time change or impose fees for certain services, or establish or change general practices and limits concerning certain services. All other aspects of the Service including these Terms may be changed, supplemented, deleted, updated, discontinued, suspended, or modified at any time.
- When a change to a plan fee occurs, a prominent notice will be provided at least 30 days in advance of the change. When any other change under Paragraph 1 occurs deemed by Roadmap to be significant, a prominent notice will be provided. The aforementioned notices will be displayed on the Site, and/or account administrators will receive the notices via email. Roadmap cannot guarantee that you will receive or become aware of the notices. Roadmap will not be liable for your receiving or becoming aware of the notices.
- You agree that Roadmap shall not be liable for any delay or other damages that might result from any change under Paragraph 1.
- Any new features that augment or enhance the Service are subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service following any changes to the Terms of Service or the Service shall constitute your consent to such changes and your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Service thereto.
- You can always review the most current version of the Terms of Service at this public link: http://www.ppmroadmap.com/terms-of-service